Thursday, November 12, 2009

Crabby


Here's a picture of my niece - it kind of captures how I'm feeling lately. Yep - that's me - just kinda crabby. It's rather unlike me, so I've not been liking it too well. Sometimes it's hard to separate out whether I'm being crabby or just that as things change, I have to change, and I have to set boundaries - that's not always well received by the persons I'm setting boundaries with or myself for that matter! Change is not easy the older I get - used to be I loved change - change the furniture around, change this, change that - now I'm more liking things to be the same; i.e. "who moved that?" or "what do you mean we're doing it that way now?" At any rate, all of this is just circumstantial and I really do believe in my heart that my state of "crabbiness" (albeit perhaps partially hormonal!) is also a state of my mind - I don't have to react crabbily to things (is that a word?). It's a matter of staying tuned into what I'm thinking and listening to what my own mouth is saying - "did I just say that outloud?" It takes some effort, but I do believe that we have a certain amount of control over these things and the best place to start in my mind is being thankful to God for all the blessings I do have. I can't necessarily control how I feel, but I CAN control how I act, and eventually my feelings will fall into place. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.


No comments:

Post a Comment