Friday, November 20, 2009

Thankfulness



This week I have heard of so much sadness from so many of my patients. There are so many people who are hurting and in very hard circumstances. Hearing their stories reminds me, especially as we enter this Thanksgiving season, to be so very thankful for my life, my family, my work...all the blessings I enjoy every single day with a relatively small amount of effort. I visited Guatemala a little over a year ago and was exposed to a whole different way of living. I came home from that trip extremely thankful for alot of things I hadn't thought about before..hot water, running water, refrigeration, stoves...but, to be perfectly honest, hot water kept coming to the top of the list - it now means alot to me. May we each go into next week remembering just how wonderful this life can be for us - how blessed we are - and may we search diligently for opportunities to be of assistance to those who, right now, are not experiencing those blessings currently.


No comments:

Post a Comment