Thursday, May 27, 2010

Change

Change - "I feel the winds of change beginning to blow" I always tell my kids. It seems like I tend to "feel" internally ahead of time when things are getting ready to change. It might be my circumstances, but usually it's a change I need to facilitate - a change in attitude, a change in my business set up or practices, a change in how I do something (or somethings). Anyway, I'm feeling it. Of course, it is the time of year (one of the times of the year) that change of some kind is inevitable - school is out, temperature's rising, etc. Also Tanner will be joining me more at the salon - he's going to be taking appointments now, too. But it's something else. Deep down. Ever once in awhile, it seems, it's necessary to re-evaluate where things are - am I still headed down the path I'm supposed to be heading down? Am I going at the right pace? Did I detour somewhere? For me right now it's a matter of listening to that little voice way down deep in me that helps me figure things out a little bit and make a few adjustments. Change is definitely coming to my business in the next year or so and I'm assuming these next few months are going to be filled with the pre-cursors to all of that. Change is not really very easy for some of us - especially as we age; however I believe it is necessary or we become stagnant and burn out. And then, that's no fun for anyone, now is it?

No comments:

Post a Comment