Saturday, May 29, 2010

Muffins!





This is my niece, Maria. In the top picture, she's only 2 years old - but she's always loved to cook, even then. The other pictures are from today. After work I picked her up and we went to the store, made some food for a neighbor family who's moving today, and made her favorite - blueberry muffins. She LOVES to make them. We also had a parade, complete with instruments and Maria, of course, being the drum major in the front, leading the way. She had so much fun, cooking, watching Amanda put a puzzle together, watching Spongebob Squarepants (several episodes!), and orchestrating a parade. She kept telling Tanner how much she loves him. It was so cute. Then her dad called to let me know they were running to Walmart, so I wouldn't bring her home and find them gone. I told Maria her parents were going to Walmart, and her eyes opened huge, her mouth dropped open and she said "ALONE"? It was so funny! She thought for sure we'd better pack up her muffins and head to Walmart, so her parents wouldn't be alone. I kept telling her they had the twins with them and weren't alone, but nothing doing, she couldn't miss a trip to Walmart. What a cutie! We had a fun afternoon. Someday I'm afraid she won't want to cook with me, so I'll take it now when I can get it - mess and all!

No comments:

Post a Comment