Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Storming!

I was probably the only person in central Illinois that did not know we were expecting "pop up" thunderstorms today - thus, I wore rubbery type flip flops, puttzed lazily through my list of errands in between appointments and ran smack dab into the center of a huge thundering, lightning, pouring down rain of a shindig! I only had 4 little sacks of Walmart necessities, but it seemed like 40 and it seemed to take me an hour to put them in the back seat, while the rain blew in and saturated the front seat (of course, I left my front door open after throwing my purse in). The stoplight at Walmart was out and so each and every car in every direction had to stop and wait like a 4 way stop - that took some time! I had to go home to change clothes before my next appointment because I was dripping wet - it was like taking a cold shower with your clothes on. And the hair - oh my! Wet hair laying on your head is one thing, but wet hair that originally had "Bed Head" hairspray caked on it? Whew! My hair feels similiar to drying concrete now! Oh well, all in all, I LOVE thunderstorms - they're magnificient in their sounds, the smell of the rain, and of course, the sudden light in the sky parting the darkness (even though it's the middle of the day!) in lightning. Several of the streets seem pretty flooded, so be careful if you're out and about; and, oh, if you read my post yesterday, I made a particularly clever delivery today just before the rain hit! Shhhh!

No comments:

Post a Comment