Thursday, May 6, 2010

Out of the mouth of babes

Yesterday and today I was hired to do chair massages for the teachers at a local elementary and intermediate school in honor of teacher appreciation week. It's always a privilege to go and bring some much needed (and earned, I might add) stress and pain relief to those who so diligently serve and work with our children. Today I was in a room with the door shut, where the people going by could not see me, so I heard alot of stuff being said without anyone knowing I could hear. This next statement made me laugh, then got me thinking. It sounded like a little girl, about age 5 - I don't know who she was speaking to, I assume a classmate, but she was rather loud and very adamant as she said, "I am REALLY mad - I am NOT agreeable to this anymore!" I snickered at the picture it conjoured in my head - a little blonde, hand on hips, speaking very pointedly to someone in particular. It kind of reminded me of the time my little blonde 5 year old put her hand on her hip and said just as adamantly, "You're not the boss of me". Hmmm...of course that didn't fly at my house! But I digress. I started thinking about that statement - filtering it in my brain with the line of reasoning I've been contemplating regarding the close link (I believe, anyway) between what we believe way down deep and what happens in our lives. What if I got really mad about things that I don't want in and around my life - injustice, prejudice, rudeness, etc., etc., and just point blank decided I'm not agreeable to those things being around me anymore? What then? Not sure, but I think I'll give that thinking a whirl and see what happens!

No comments:

Post a Comment