Monday, May 31, 2010

Sleepover!



This is my nephew, Terrance - he's 8. You'll remember him - he's the older brother to the "muffin maker" in Saturday's post. He wanted to come for a sleepover since I don't have to work today (well, not at the salon anyway!). I picked him up and we went to the store to get a few items for dinner with my kids tonight and, of course, we purchased a few extra things, i.e., a bag of chips, a couple of kids lunchables, a vitamin water or two, a Hostess pie, etc., etc. When we got home we rented a movie he said he wanted to see, but unfortunately, it wasn't the one he thought, so that was out! We watched cartoons, put his little "growing" toy fish in a panful of water, and went to bed around 11:00. Lo and behold at 5:53 this a.m., we were wide awake and feeling energetic! Oh my! So we played Uno, looked for Tanner's lost cell phone and played Uno again. Now he's playing a video game that Tanner set up for him before he has to go home for his family's activities for this holiday. When Maria was here, she just ate raisins all day - Terrance has eaten mainly chips - hmmm. Well, it is like a mini vacation, isn't it? I find myself already yawning and it's only 9:20 a.m., however, as I said before, the day may come when he won't be too excited about coming to Aunt Debbie's house, so for now, I'll take this fun whenever I can get it!

No comments:

Post a Comment