Monday, May 17, 2010


Saturday we went to Mathiessen State Park for the pow wow. It was really very crowded. Last year the attendance was sparce, the parks up there were flooded, and only a few people and vendors were there - but this year they made up for it. We stopped on the way at Delaney's - you remember, the restaurant we usually hit at least once when we go up there - and Karen decided we needed these rings as a souvenir of our day. It was either those or tattoos she said, so we indulged her desire for acrylic rings! (Look how short my fingers are compared to theirs - hmmm!) Anyway, we had a great time - laughing at lunch until I thought we might actually be asked to leave Delaney's, except that I think all the older people around us began laughing, too, so I think the laughter became contagious. I don't hear well out of my left ear, so really that's usually all it takes for me to say something ignorant and totally unrelated to the current conversation and we're done - laughter all around. So we had fun, ate some wonderful fry bread, purchased a few fun things and another pow wow over. At one of the vendor's boothes, they had this - whatever you call it - not really a statue, not really a mannequin, but - well I didn't know what to call him and Tracey needed a rest, so she visited him for a moment. Kinda creepy. Tomorrow I'll show you the favorite purchase (at my house anyway). I'll try to remember to photograph it tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment