Monday, October 4, 2010

Apples!






I know it's really "snippet" day, but I have much more fun stuff to show today! What a beautiful fall morning it was earlier when my mom, my two aunts, and I headed out to Elmwood to the Christ Orchard to see what "apple adventures" we could get into. The people there are very helpful and very nice. We bought apple butter, apricot preserves, a paring knife, and lots of apples - I think about 6 or 7 bushel between us all (I didn't really keep track). We stopped to admire some of the beauty around then headed into Farmington briefly to The Hog Trof restaurant where we enjoyed good conversation, good coffee, and great breakfast. We then headed back home, each of us presumably to our respective apple endeavors. I wish I could show you my apple efforts, but I haven't gotten started yet. There was a few dishes to do, a few groceries from last night to put away, clothes to change so I didn't get apples all over me, a little bowl of potato soup for a bite of late lunch - well, you get the picture. But I'm hoping soon to be posting pictures of pies, fried apples, apple crisps, apple bread, apple pancakes and more! Here's a few pictures of our fun.


1 comment: