Monday, October 25, 2010

Coincidence?

Sometimes I think too much. Sometimes I analyze things over and over again. Sometimes I micro manage a thought. But always and every time - I enjoy it! Yesterday at the pow wow I ran into an old friend of mine that I had not seen for at least three, maybe four years. So the obsessiveness of thinking that came out of that "coincidental" meeting? A myriad of thoughts posing this question to my brain. What are all the things that had to happen at precisely the correct moment for my friend Tiffany and I to run into each other at the same vendor table on the same floor of the same hotel at the same pow wow an hour and a half from her home town (2 hours from mine) at precisely the same time? If we had left 15 minutes later from home (or 15 minutes earlier) - if we had spent 10 minutes more watching the dancing - if we had spent 20 minutes more eating lunch - if we had stayed downstairs and watched the eagle longer - and on and on and on. Doesn't anyone else ever think this way when something happens precisely at a certain time? It was nice to see her and catch up briefly with her life and meet her husband. But still I have to wonder - was that an "arranged" happening? Or was it just a mere coincidence?

No comments:

Post a Comment