Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Windy!


"We aren't in Kansas anymore, Toto!" That's how it feels out there today - windyyyyyyyyyy! This morning I opened the sliding glass door (as I do every morning) to let the dog out. Now, I am kinda lazy sometimes and so when the weather's half way decent, I just leave the slider open that few minutes before he comes back in wanting a treat (if he didn't bark to call all his little friends who live around us!). Anyway, this morning, I did that and went into the kitchen to throw a bagel quickly into the toaster as I was running a little later than I had anticipated, (gotta synchronize those clocks in the house!) and when I turned around to check on Pockets, all these fluffy, "sticky looking", tumbleweedie type "things" had blown in my house - not little, either. They're about 6" around - not prickly, very lightweight and now all over my dining room! I assume they're off of someone's tree somewhere (who knows with this wind). So, this afternoon on my lunch break I decided I'd better run by home and put the garbage can in the garage, so as to avoid the inevitable "chase the can down the street" later and again, I let Pockets out and tried to scoot, kick, and finally pick up these new found friends, only to find them blowing in the house faster than I could throw them out. So here they are. I guess when the wind dies down in a couple days, I'll try to gather them up and throw them back out where they can be free - I wonder what they are?

No comments:

Post a Comment