Friday, February 26, 2010

Lazy Day

So today is my birthday - I'm eating cookies for breakfast, turned the thermostat up 2 degrees, am not working (at the salon anyway), and laid in bed until way past the normal time for me to get up. Yay! It takes so little to please me as I get older, eh? This is a picture (sorry - couldn't get my computer to cooperate for a scan) of an adorable birthday card I received in the mail from my cousin, Karen. She obviously remembered that I LOVE penguins and this one is, well, she's fabulous - she's got her shades, her purse and her good shoes and she's ready to go. The inside says something about being a "cool chick" - it's absolutely perfect - thanks, Karen! Tonight my kids are taking this old gal out for dinner, and I'm sure we will have a great time and make some wonderful memories. Here's to a new year with new possibilities and adventures. I have a couple of ideas up my sleeve, so we'll see how it goes. I hear there's going to be sunshine today, so everyone enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment