Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Winds of Change

I guess you could say things are always changing ... morphing ... evolving as we age. Nothing stays the same. Time stands still for no one. However, I find that there are times in my life when things change more significantly than others, and this appears to be one of those times. People moving in and out, some alterations and adjustments at work, learning when to set boundaries and when to let others experience kindness and grace, and so on and so forth. The winds of change are blowing strongly through my family right now ... I knew this day would come, as it's come and gone before, leaving in its wake a string of changes ... good and bad ... hard and easy ... necessary for my continued growth. Even though I often know it's coming, I find my whole self is never quite prepared for such change or for the magnitude with which my emotions react. Change becomes a little more difficult as I get older - maybe because it's more comfortable and secure for things to be the way they've always been. And although it's exciting as I look into the new horizon and imagine what's going to be in this new future, it's also a little scarey - a little intimidating at best. It seems as if the words "but what if" loom large over the doorway to this new future. In the end, I'm sure when all the dust settles, and I've lapsed into a new, albeit slightly different routine, everything will work out ok. And down the road, this new future will the "normal" that I resist altering when the next winds of change begin to blow.

No comments:

Post a Comment