Sunday, February 21, 2010

Pinewood Derby!




I know that first picture is hard to decipher, but it's my nephew putting his Pinewood Derby car, handmade by him and his dad on the track at the district event yesterday. Since Terrance won 2nd place at his scout pack's derby in Tremont, he got to compete in the district Pinewood Derby held at the Moose Lodge in Pekin (which you already know if you happened to need to get down any street remotely close to that building yesterday!). What fun! Scads of young boys in their scout outfits, excited about their cars and racing. Terrance didn't advance past district, but we are extremely proud of him and I believe he had a great time. Thanks to all those fathers who still take time out of their busy schedules to do a project with their sons; thanks to my nephew for inviting me to witness this event; and thanks to all the volunteers who made it possible for these boys to experience this fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment