Saturday, February 13, 2010

Opening Ceremony


Did you get to watch the opening ceremony for the Winter Olympics last night? I was, of course, frustrated because they said it would start at 6:30, so, as I was really looking forward to watching it, I didn't go to the grocery store (oh well, there's always today), ordered a pizza, got my blanket and my dog, and snuggled in on the couch, only to see lots of interviews, etc., until finally at 8:00, voila! Opening ceremony! I LOVED the "First Nations" peoples in their outfits and all their different drums and dancing - of course, I loved the huge drum in the center and was intrigued by the way they were playing what looked to me to be some sort of paddle drums that swung around to both sides. I loved when the floor looked like water and it appeared that whales were swimming across the floor. One thing I have to say, though, and maybe I'm alone in this thought, but several times I wanted to say "hush" to Bob and Matt - just let us watch and try to be involved in a little of the magic and dreams that the olympics are supposed to bring - must you commentate on everything? All in all, I enjoyed the show - about 10:00 Pockets and I pulled up stakes and moved to watch the rest in my bed, though, where the heated mattress pad was calling our names. Wayne Gretzky lighting the cauldron - no surprise, still cool I think. In the end, favorite part - probably the whales followed in close second by the First Nations peoples; least favorite part: KD Lang's rendition of Hallelujah - eww! Of course, all of this is just my opinion, but then, that's why you read my blog, eh? To find out what's going on in that little brain of mine!

No comments:

Post a Comment