Saturday, August 28, 2010

Busy Day!

Today I had to be at work at 7:30. As some of you may know, sleeping was a challenge in Pekin (where I live) and surrounding areas last night due to a chemical spill at a Cilco substation near here. Supposedly it was not natural gas, but chemicals, but it smelled like natural gas, stung my eyes and gave me a headache. Anyway, I digress. I hopped out of bed today, knowing it was going to be a day full of fun and adventure. I worked until noon, picked up Tracey and we headed over to Peoria to meet some of my children at a formal wear store as yet to be unpublicized (waiting on that ring to be on that finger!) where at one point I overheard someone say to a male employee, "can you take off your shirt so we can see what pants that are pleated look like?" That didn't quite come out right, I don't think! Anyway, after we did all the damage we could there, we headed over to the rock show. This is the first one I've attended since I tried my hand at making some jewelry pieces myself and I have to say, it was overwhelming! I usually don't even stop at the booths that have jewelry making supplies and so there was sooooo much to look at - it was a little over the top for me. I was looking also for some heart beads to make some pieces of jewelry for that same as yet unpublicized event, but didn't find those yet. I did purchase a couple strands of beads to try my hands at some more jewelry making as well as a couple cabachons (those are stones used for making pendants that are flat on the back) , so we'll see what happens! Then off to a wonderful dinner at Olive Garden - I haven't been there in ages and the food was spectacularly fabulous! All in all, it was a very fun day. Pictures of my jewelry creations to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment