Thursday, August 12, 2010

It's hot!

Whew! What a couple of really hot days we've had! They've been a couple days full of "adventure" for me! It always seems my life "on the outside" is a reflection of what's happening inside. What I mean by that is this - I've been struggling with some things emotionally lately - just kinda been mad about the way some things have gone, and now things "on the outside" have started deteriorating, too. Hmmm..."change your thinking, change your world" comes to mind. Anyway, twice in two days my car wouldn't start so I had to find someone each time to jump it. The first time, a light had been left on, so I just assumed the battery would charge as I drove the car to Peoria to do some on-site chair massages & all would be well. After all, car batteries last a looooooong time, right? Like forever, in this girl's mind anyway. Well, I was right...until the next day (today). When I got ready to leave work for lunch, oops - "click, click, click" was all I heard when I turned the key. Now, as you know if you've had to depend on anyone for anything lately, people are not real excited about taking time out of their busy schedules to help someone else. However, both times I did find someone to help me get the car going and this time I drove straight to Walt's Garage (shout out - thanks Walt and Sam!) where I had to purchase a new battery. Yay! Car is up and running dependably again! Then yesterday, I was in a store in Peoria and I ran into a woman I haven't seen for years - unfortunately, it was a woman who never liked me and was pretty vocal about her dislike. I couldn't believe it! As she stood in line behind me to pay, I felt like I was transported back 30 years! I was fidgety and nervous, looking all around. So much so that I left without one of my sacks and the cashier had to chase me out to my car! Way to avoid bringing attention to myself, eh? It seems sometimes old habits do die hard! Such are the adventures life is made of! Could there be a connection between the "turmoil" in my mind over recent events and the "turmoil" with my car and shopping experiences? Don't know, but I'm going to keep my eyes open and see what I can find out. In the meantime, my thoughts shall turn to being only positive for the weekend, in the hopes that all will be grand!

No comments:

Post a Comment