Monday, August 2, 2010

We did it!

First of all, sorry for the quality (or lack of) of this picture. Saturday was the day we'd been waiting for - our wire wrapping class! Now, I have to say, I'm not so great at it - yet! But I think with some concentrated practice I can at least accomplish what I wanted, which is to wrap some of my stones so I can wear them as pendants. Also, if I can acquire a knack for doing it, and if I could part with some of my stones, they would make great gifts. The heart at the top is the one I did in class - a little too much wire for my taste - I like the wrap to be simple, so I can see most of the stone. The other three are my first ones on my own - practicing. My friend Tracey and I tried to figure out some other techniques - we watched videos on you tube, looked at pictures on the internet, Tracey even "unwrapped" one she had previously purchased (although looking back, that might not have been the wisest move - ah!). Anyway, I think it's always fun to learn something new and good to challenge my brain. We had a good time and hopefully some profitable things will come of this new skill! Oh yeah - and I am going to have to purchase a couple little tools - how fun is that!

No comments:

Post a Comment