Friday, August 20, 2010

Friday night outing!


School started this week for my little nephew and niece. So tonight we went to Steak 'n Shake for dinner - just the three of us. As of Wednesday, Maria was not sure she was going to go on Thursday. But she did. Here's a synopsis of the conversations leading up to and including tonight's dinner.
"No - I didn't brush my teeth at school, I forgot my toothpaste". "There's no pillows at school, you just lay on your towel". "Stick out your tongue - if it's white, you're sick". "I made some bears at school, but I had to leave them there to dry". "Aren't we going to a movie?" "When your sandwich comes up here (points to chest) then pretty soon, all your food will come shooting back out - and that's bad". 1st person - "Guess what I'm saying" (nothing is said, mouth just moves) "Guess - it starts with straw and ends with berry". "Everytime you eat a frenchy fry, wash it down with a drink of water". "Aunt Debbie, can you see what's wrong with my milkshake? I've sucked my straw flat and it still won't come out". "Recess is the time when you should go around and ask new people to be your friend". 1st person - "I ate some green things at hot lunch at school". 2nd person - "They were peas". 1st person - "Yeah, like I said some green things". 1st person - "I'm full - let's take this 1/2 of cheeseburger home to Apollo and Emma". 2nd person - "That's not very much for two people". 1st person - "We'll cut it in pieces because they can't come with us until they're taller". And, of course, my favorite, a very loud and lively rendition of the "Cheeseburger" song from Veggie Tales. After dinner, we drove through Pinky's (Tremont's local ice cream shop) and got ice cream for Terrance and Maria and 2 things of ice cream to take home for Apollo and Emma. Terrance ended our time by saying, "Aunt Debbie, let's do this every weekend!" Hmmmm.......

1 comment:

  1. oh my gosh - terrance looks just like steve and i think maria looks so much like your mom!

    ReplyDelete