Monday, August 16, 2010

Eggroll Monday!

Tonight we made eggrolls - now I know, it's a tradition for our Christmas dinner that we make eggrolls, but we just kinda had a hankering for them now - in the middle of the summer! The kids all came over - I have to admit, I sorta cheated and bought absolutely everything I could already chopped, sliced or diced, since I had to work all day today. But it turned out well. We only had one fo-pah - we didn't realize one of the pans of oil on the stove was turned on and after awhile, well you guessed it - it burned! Oh my! The smoke wasn't too bad, but our eyes burned and burned and burned for literally hours. We opened up all the windows and doors - it was terrible. Didn't stop us from eating, though - no siree! We wiped our eyes, then ate a few more! It was fun. I love having all my kids home with me! It is a rare treat that I cherish.

No comments:

Post a Comment