Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Still trying...

Ok - I'm still making some effort to try to make jewelry. Now, I'm not trying to go into another business or even trying to make a variety of items - my goal is much simpler than that. I have some stones that I love to have with me - I have bowls of them sitting around, which is nice. I can pick them up and look at them, roll them around in my hands. I used to carry some in my pocket until my son commented that he thought our pants might fall down if we didn't quit adding to our pockets full of rocks, and I kept forgetting they were there and washing them when I did laundry. So, I decided it might be fun to be able to wear some of these, therefore I'm trying to wire wrap them into pendants and earrings. Here's a picture of a few of my latest attempts. I find that a hobby is good for the brain, and a nice distraction to real life. I also find it's sometimes annoying for these short, chubby fingers! Oh well, when that happens, I put all my pretties back in my box and return to visit them another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment