Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Disappointment????

I'm not finding my life very interesting - at least not to write a blog about anyway. I keep thinking, "oh, no one is interested in that" or "who cares about that". I'm at an age that, well, let's just say (without naming my specific age if you don't mind!) I always thought my life by this time would be really different that what it is. It's not that I'm so disappointed at how it's turned out, because I am way more fortunate that alot of people - I know that and I'm grateful for what I do have. But I thought at this age, what I'm doing would be different - you know, that I'd be travelling (at least more than the once every few years I get to go somewhere for a day or two); that I'd have more free time to shop for bargains and bless people I know with little surprise gifts; that I'd have a house where I could have visitors and people come stay for a few days here and there - I don't know. I guess when I was younger, this age looked more glamourous, more settled, more financially secure, more doing what I wanted to do. I am extremely fortunate that I get to work in a field that I absolutely, positively, unequivocally LOVE - that makes it so much easier to get up and go six days a week! I am especially thankful and appreciative of that each and everyday. I don't know - maybe I'm just in a funk, as they say. That doesn't happen to me very often, so I'm not sure how to handle it. Perhaps some ice cream will do the trick????

No comments:

Post a Comment