Friday, September 11, 2009

Ahhhh!

As you already know, I love fall - I love the colors, the smells, I love it all! I have to get prepared for the season early enough to enjoy it, so today I put up the fall decorations at my business. By the time I got done this evening, however, I was sweating, frustrated, and conceding that the decorations and I had been at war, and they had won. There are a few things in life that short girls with little bitty appendages (arms) should not attempt to accomplish on their own - decorating might fall into that category. There are now countless nails lost on the floor, flowers that have literally been ripped from their garland base, and lights up all in a bunch. Just in the nick of time (aka before I threw something!) my phone rang and Barry and Britt invited me to go to dinner with them - ahhhhhh! God was watching and knew I needed a break! I quickly agreed, stuck up the last of the garland above the window and called it decorated. Isn't it wonderful what a timely invitation or a kind act can do? It certainly made my night - thanks guys!

1 comment: