Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Sorrow

Today as there is so much sadness in the air around Tremont, I think of how we just don't have a good vision of anything beyond life here in this world. News of a young man who went to school with my kids, and a little 2 year old girl both passing out of this world and into the next makes me pause and think and remember that none of us is promised alot of time here - that we should cherish every minute that we have with those we love and spend what time we have here being kind and helpful to others. Maybe it just doesn't matter in the big picture of things if that person slipped into my intended parking space at Walmart - maybe there's something more important to focus on. My thoughts and prayers are with those today whose loss is so huge and all encompassing - may they find God's peace and love in the support of friends and family and even strangers in this very difficult time.

No comments:

Post a Comment