Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Holidays!

Well, here it is September and you know what that means. Believe it or not, want to face it or not, the inevitable thing is that the holidays are right around the corner. For me, with the onset of September brings first of all, autumn - my favorite season of the year. I love the cool, crisp air, and the changing colors of the leaves. Jeans and a sweatshirt weather - the best. But with September also comes a whirlwind of thinking and plans..I need to change the decor in my shop and my home; we're planning an open house at the shop; I need to decide what kind of gift certificates I'm going to offer for people to purchase for Christmas because they'll begin purchasing them around Halloween; I need to think about what I'm giving my customers for Christmas, because I have to get it ordered soon to be here in time for December...and the list goes on and on and on. But I love it! I love everything associated with these next few months, from planning get togethers to (this year) the special blessing of the arrival of a new child (my niece and her husband are expecting the end of November), the season holds much busyness and joy. As we embark upon the season this year, may we take the time to enjoy each moment with those we love, and may we find ways to help those less fortunate than ourselves enjoy the season also. I do miss my fireplace from my old house. Didn't it hold those stockings just perfectly?

No comments:

Post a Comment