Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Life

I have decided that life is a series of challenges, mixed with choices, covered with emotions - and, oh yeah, they're one right after the other or sometimes more than one at once. Our lives are so enriched by our relationships, yet those very relationships are the catalysts that fuel happiness, sadness, woundedness and on and on. Add to that the very circumstances of the broken world we live in, and you have this series of hurdles. So what is the plan - just to survive all this as it happens? I think I want more. I want to savor every moment of the fun, the happiness, the joy of my circumstances and my relationships; yet being engaged in those moments lends to a necessary engagement and embracing of the others - those moments when life makes us sad; when others around us are muddling through the mess of their lives and circumstances and feelings and we want to help, but can't really; those moments when we're misunderstood and we want so desperately to make it right and make everyone understand us fully and correctly. I fear that the latter events are an integral part of making the former events possible. So forge on, dear friends, through the pain and uncomfortableness of the hard events, for the sheer comfort and joy to be experienced in the wonderful events - together they make up this journey called life - all together a cherishable happening.

1 comment:

  1. Deb you are so good at this blogging.I couldnt begin to blog I cant write like that cause what im thinking doesnt come out right.lol

    ReplyDelete