Sunday, September 6, 2009

Dad

Eleven years ago today, my dad travelled from here to heaven. I miss him very much. My dad was a very wise man and Lord knows over the past eleven years, there have been times I have wished he was here for me to ask advice from. But I believe it was his time to go...his work here was done and it was the right season for him to pass over to start his work there. I don't pretend to understand all that - I just know it's true. So today my brothers and my daughter and my daughter in law and I took my mom to breakfast - it was nice. My twin niece and nephew went, too - they're 2 years old - what fun! Even though no one talked about it much, each in our own way I'm sure was thinking about dad - some fun old memories.
Just recently my friend mentioned to me that I was humming - just randomly humming - no real tune at all - just humming. She commented because she had never heard me do that before and I realized I've been doing that occasionally as of late. Yesterday I overheard my brothers talking with each other and one was asking the other if he had starting humming yet. He reminded us of how dad always hummed - no particular tune (if you knew my dad, you know he couldn't really carry a tune) - just hummed and my brother mentioned that he had started doing it, to which my other brother responded that he, too, had started the habit. What a hoot. I guess it really is true...eventually we become our parents - sorry kids! And dad, I know you're enjoying what God has you doing now, and I'm looking forward to seeing you again someday. Love ya.

1 comment:

  1. i miss your dad too - i think of him often - keep blogging, deb - it is a wonderful way to share your heart with the world. much love.

    ReplyDelete