Sunday, September 20, 2009

Cookout


These are my kids. Aren't they a good looking bunch? Today we had a cookout. Maybe - probably - the last of the season. I am so blessed to have great kids - they really are just good people. It's so fun when they're all here - the air is just crisper when they're all in the house! Even if they weren't my kids, they're the kind of people I'd still want to be friends with. They are so fun to be with and laugh with. At least the past four years I have been trying to plan a weekend getaway for us all and it looks like we might have actually picked a weekend to do it - stay tuned to see if it really happens, though, because usually something else happens and we have to postpone.

Also, for those of you who read yesterday's post and are curious, what I ended up doing was cleaning the house, doing the laundry, paying bills, baking pies for today's dessert, forgetting the pumpkin festival (since I looked at the crafts at the marigold festival), forgetting apple blossom farm for another day, skipped the pow wow (been to 2 already this summer), then going to church last night. It all worked out great and the day was still very full, even with leaving some activities out!

Oh yeah - this 2nd picture happened after Mal said let's do a funny one - the girls are definitely more expressive than the boys, eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment