Monday, September 28, 2009

Tis the Season

I LOVE this time of year (as you will remember from a few blogs ago!). Yesterday Barry was saying that it's 90 days until Christmas - man! That's all he had to say to send my brain a-reeling! I especially love Christmas. I know it's really hectic for alot of people, but I am not a person who has alot of obligations at the holidays, and I just love the season. Today I was in Hobby Lobby and I didn't even walk completely into the Christmas decorations and I was just excited! The smell of Christmas was in the air! Now I'm not so great at decorating, but I love to look at all the stuff and I do try to make things look presentable. And, of course, this is the time of year that my personal faves make their presence much more known (penguins). I adore finding the exact gift that I think is a perfect fit for someone. Then there's also our family's tradition of making homemade eggrolls for our Christmas get together. It's always so fun to spend the time together, laughing and chopping and rolling and wrapping and, ultimately, eating! Great memories are made on that day. I'm especially looking forward to it this year, as our planned family vacation in October has had to be postponed - look for news of it next February, when I'm hoping after 4 years of trying, it will finally materialize. So, get in the spirit - let your mind drift forward and set your intention and plan now to have a wonderful holiday season - this year may we spend the season helping others, being kind, and thanking God for all the gifts He has given us.

1 comment:

  1. This is my favorite time of the year also.I like to see all the lights and decorations out.The fun of shopping also

    ReplyDelete