Sunday, October 11, 2009

Fall

You already know I love fall because of the colors, the smells, etc., etc. However, what I failed to mention is that I LOVE fall food. Apples and everything they're related to, including carmel apples; chilli, soups, anything with the word pumpkin in it from bread to roll to cheesecake! Last Sunday I made a big batch of chilli; today a huge batch of vegetable soup; yesterday I bought a Cheesecake Factory pumpkin cheesecake at Sam's - now, you healthy friends don't be judging me - I buy one each fall and I share with others - even though I am quite capable of eating the entire cheesecake by myself! Today I'm going to make a pumpkin roll (new for me - haven't attempted this before) and earlier I made cookies. There's candles burning in the living room, the dishwasher has been run, soup's on the stove, the house has been vacuumed, and I'm just going to eat some soup, smell the candles, make (and taste) the pumpkin roll, and enjoy this nice fall evening. They go by toooooo fast, so take a moment and enjoy the crisp, cool air that reminds us that just like the earth has seasons, we have seasons of our lives - seasons of change - much like fall that hints of weather to come - the winter, where things lie dormant and rest - where inside work is done to prepare for the promised spring and birth of all things new.

No comments:

Post a Comment