Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Procrastination

My daughter and I (and her husky mix) moved into our new house the end of April. We did really well unpacking and putting things away - we had a garage sale before we moved and got rid of tons of good stuff. Anyway, the last bit of stuff - some work things, most of my clothes, all of my shoes except 2 pair of sandals, my jackets, yarn, etc., etc. we just put into my big walk in closet for "another day" to put away - nothing really important....until now. I have no shoes unpacked with toes in them! I have procrastinated and procrastinated about unpacking and organizing that closet and all the things in it. Is it because I don't want the disarray? Is it because I don't have one whole concentrated amount of time to get it all done? Or is it simply that I don't want to mess with it? At any rate, I have put it off for several months and now I absolutely must dig around and find my shoes at the very least! Make me accountable, friends - when you see me, ask me what shoes I wore that day (because more than likely when you see me, I'll be barefoot as I usually am) - if I don't have my tennis shoes or closed toe Crocs, you can safely make the assumption that I haven't cleaned out the closet yet. I'm really not sure there's any benefit to putting tasks off until it's simply necessary, but the older I get, the more it seems that I fall into that pattern - a last minuter!

No comments:

Post a Comment