Thursday, October 8, 2009

Orchard


Yesterday my mom and my aunt took me to Christ Orchard (prounounced with a short i sound we were told - it's German) where we saw pumpkins and squash and tons of apples - more kinds than I can remember. It was a nice jaunt out into the boonies - over by Hanna City, Farmington way - it was a beautiful day filled with great scenery and good conversation. After we purchased a van load (not much exaggeration there either!) of apples of several kinds, we mosied on down the road to some sort of a antique, 2nd hand, new selling lots of stuff kind of place where I fed both my fetish for "hand" things (because of my work) and my absolute adoration for penguins (aren't they just the cutest the way they waddle?) by purchasing cookie cutters in those shapes. Yes, this year at the annual cookie bake we will be including penguin and hand cookies - hmmmmm. I'll have to decide how I can decorate them to look "Christmasy". Anyway, all in all it was a great time and I plan to make a little applesauce, fry up alot of apples (my kids love them), and maybe make some pies. My craving for apples has been thoroughly satisfied, I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment