Friday, October 23, 2009

What a Week!

What a week this has been! Whew! Ever have one of those weeks that you can't wait for it to end with the knowledge that next week has to be better? Here's a run down: Monday, 2 cancellations due to sickness; invasion of the orange Asian beetle ladybug things at home and work. They are literally everywhere. Tuesday, another cancellation due to sickness, cd player stops working in middle of a massage - I stop and change cds, it plays for 2 songs, quits again - not very relaxing (actually probably more like nerve wracking) if I'm required to sing to my patients! Wednesday, I bring in my spare cd player - all is well in the massage world again, but someone makes a comment to me about "heavy people" - duh! Keep it to yourself! I take offense. I stay late at work to try to get organized and re-focused. Thursday, I pack up my massage chair, cd player (you know - the spare I just brought in) and head out to Peoria in the pouring down rain to do chair massages. I get back to the shop early during construction - noise, communication errors, etc., etc., doors on top of clean sheets - you know just regular stuff (the salon where I have my business is being remodeled). There's more noise than the day God separated the land from the water! Then a screaming kid in the salon. Wow. When I go to leave I pick up my cd player (you know - the spare I'm carrying around) and promptly drop it - oh yes, it breaks! So I call Mal who is currently at the Walmart and have her get me a new one - ahhhh! I get home and notice something on my garage floor, so I get out of the car (still in the pouring down rain) to investigate, only to find my car has again (for the 3rd or 4th time in the past couple of months) been leaking a mystery fluid. Make myself a mental note (like I have any mental left at this point) to call the mechanic and get an appointment. Today, I decide I'd better put some oil in the car in case that's what's leaking all over the garage floor, and so in my pajamas, (and in the rain), I do that, then get the new cd player (not my spare anymore) and go to finish chair massages, again in the rain, and hopefully this day will end soon! Tomorrow (Saturday) will be a perfect end to an interesting week at best - my girls are jumping out of an airplane tomorrow afternoon - hmmmmm!

No comments:

Post a Comment