Thursday, October 15, 2009

Homeostasis

Homeostasis. That's the term we use in massage or medically to indicate balance. At that precise moment, everything in your body is working and moving and flowing - doing what it should. Life is good - for that precise moment. Homeostasis - I crave it for my whole being, not just my physical body. And at that moment (which always seems to last for just a short time) when all is balanced and good in my world, I am learning to be extremely thankful - partly because it's such a great feeling for all to be as it should and partly because my experience is becoming that these moments don't seem to last long. So, instead of looking and hoping for the time in my life when everything is going to be the way it should be, I'm learning to be thankful for the tidbits of time - for those precise moments right now - when all is well with me and mine.

1 comment: