Sunday, October 4, 2009

Rock Show

Well, I wanted to have a picture to show you of my friends with their special treasures from the rock and gemstone show, but my computer has decided it is no longer going to download pictures from my camera - a problem for a different day, as I have spent hours trying to work with it myself. Hopefully Rod the computer man will be able to correct that problem - when computers don't work properly, it makes me frustrated. Anyway, my two friends Tracey and Rebecca and I enjoyed a wonderful girls day out yesterday, meeting at the Cracker Barrel in Lincoln for breakfast, and then heading down to the rock and gemstone show in Springfield at the fair grounds. There were rocks, fossils, jewelry - treasures at every booth. We had alot of fun, looking, holding, buying - but most of all laughing. Then off to Pizza Hut for a snack and to pull out all our goodies for each other to see and an enormous amount of, you guessed it, more laughing. The Bible says a merry heart does good just like a medicine and I believe it. There's just something, well, healthy feeling about laughing until you're afraid you might accidentally "leak". It's a great experience to lend yourself to and I do honestly believe all of us should do it more. A good old fashioned deep down "belly" laugh - you know - the ones where tears are running out your eyes. What was so funny you say? Who knows! I couldn't even tell you much of it now - but at the time it was absolutely hilarious and I'm sure everyone around us at Pizza Hut thought we were nuts - or were they actually jealous that we were having so much fun and they were just eating? Keep watching, as when my computer gets fixed, I'll post a picture or two for you to see of our finds. In the meantime, find something to laugh about today - you can't help but feel better when you do.

No comments:

Post a Comment