Thursday, December 10, 2009

Christmas is Coming!

I'm so excited..yet so behind! I don't have my shopping finished, I don't have my baking done, I don't have my house cleaned up...the list goes on and on. But my absolute most favorite time of the year is Christmas, so I'm determined not to let anything or anyone make me sad during this time. My stitches come out tomorrow, cookie baking day is Saturday, birthday party on Sunday, yada, yada, yada. I did have to come to some compromises with myself in order to even have a slight hint that I could pull everything off, though. I hated to do it, but I had to. I am a person who loves to buy a present (even if it be ever so small) for everyone I've ever known - ok not quite that bad, but just about. So this year, I've had to cut back on my purchases. Ok. Then it got cold and I ran out of time, so I only decorated inside the house - wanted to decorate outside, but couldn't pull it off this year. I love to have people over, but really didn't have room for my whole extended family in our new house, so I let my mom host our family Christmas Eve dinner. It appears that I can still enjoy the holidays without being in complete control and without getting to do every little thing I desire. Hmmm...what a thought. Christmas might be an attitude of the heart - not circumstances being exactly like we want them.

No comments:

Post a Comment