Monday, December 21, 2009

Confusion

Just when I think I have my life all figured out, planned out, and ready to go...something occurs that makes me pause and think..hmmmm..do I really have any of this under control? It's so very easy to look to other people and things for a place to sort of hang the responsibility - you know, if this person had just done this or not done that, then this would have gone another way, and on and on and on. But the truth is, this life is uncertain. Circumstances change, things have to be done a different way, some of this has to stop and more of that has to happen. Life is just forever changing - morphing, if you will, into whatever it's decided it will become for us. I like it so much better when I'm in control of things - I feel much safer that way. Unfortunately (or fortunately) my life seems very seldom to allow me to be in control of it. I think as I get older, I resist change a little and I seem less able to "go with the flow". I am trying harder to recapture that attitude of being more flexible, less rigid and, dare I even say it myself out loud, less stubborn? Eww! Tonight I am re-evaluating, prioritizing, and trying to generally be a little more fluid with the changes life is throwing at me.

No comments:

Post a Comment