Thursday, December 17, 2009

Countdown!

Well..here we go. Only one more week until a million things have to be done. I still have a few items to cook, some presents to buy, everything to wrap, a few new ornaments to put on the tree, a few cards to find and put on presents, food lists to make and prepare. Somewhere in there, the house needs to be cleaned, dishes washed, and laundry done. Oh yeah, and I do have a job, too. However, in the midst of all the preparations for a good holiday, I want to keep my heart soft and pliable, open to the one this holiday and celebration are really about. I don't want to lose sight of what all the celebrations and get togethers are actually in honor of. I want to remember the awesomeness of the event surrounding all the hoopla. And with that realization comes some prioritizing of the season - family and friends so trump presents and baked goods. More important is time together with those we love, sharing the goodness of God in our lives. May this last week before Christmas be filled with the love and light of God and our families and friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment