Tuesday, December 29, 2009

New Beginnings

I have been thinking about my life and where I want to be at this time next year. Of course, that's kind of a natural thing to do, what with New Year's around the corner, I guess. I've been pondering New Year's resolutions from the past and how successful (or unsuccessful) they were, as well as what things are actually "reappearing" on my list each year! I'm wondering why I have it in my head that I have to do these "new" things or changes at the beginning of the year, and why I think if I fail, it's over. Can't I "resolve" to start again even if it's in the middle of the year? What's the magic or mystery of the new year? I don't know. Maybe it's a way for me to put off what I know I need to do by saying, I'll do that at the beginning of the new year. Or maybe it gives me some time to think about what I'm actually resolving to do. Whatever the case, this next year is requiring some changes from me. I would love to say they'll be easy and natural transitions; however, my head tells me that is a little too naive even for my thoughts. In the end, all I can do is set my goals, plan out some steps to accomplish my goals, and I think this year, even if I fail at some time, I'm going to make new resolutions, even if in the middle of the year. Change doesn't come easy for this old girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment