Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Over it

I try really hard to keep myself clear of emotional baggage. It's kinda hard to do - especially this time of year. I get tired, overbooked with activities, plan more than I can accomplish - you get the picture. Then my emotions kinda run amuck and it's ugly. What to do then? Today that sorta happened to me. I ran across a situation where some really old feelings and resentments surfaced - so old that it surprised me. I felt justified in my feelings, yet at the same time, I felt really yukky. Shouldn't I be completely over this miscarriage of justice? Shouldn't I have moved on past this? I thought I had, yet here were these ugly, horrible feelings that had surfaced without any summoning from me, which usually indicates that something hasn't been completely dealt with. Hmm. I guess the best thing to do is to deal with the feelings as best I can as they come up instead of stuffing them back down, then hope this round will be the last time I run into them. I think it will surely help also, if I taste test the fudge I just made!

No comments:

Post a Comment