Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Moving On

Isn't change hard? It seems to me that there is a sense of security in things always being the same - having the same job, the same friends, eating the same things at the same restaurant. And yet, it appears that life is not always like that - things change. The thought had never occurred to me until lately that change is also necessary in relationships. Sometimes I just try and try and try to make something work out when, now, I realize, it could just be that the time for that person in my life is over. Hard for me to grasp, but it seems that it might be true. When a relationship is no longer a positive addition to my life, when it causes more aggravation, or takes more than it gives, perhaps it's time to move on. And, for the first time in my life, I'm considering that this could be a good happening.

No comments:

Post a Comment