Monday, December 7, 2009

The Secret

Have you read that book or watched that video? It's an interesting theory regarding how things come into our lives and the control we have over it. Now I'm not here to say I believe or don't believe the whole thing, but I do believe there's a measure of truth in what's being said here. And, this isn't the first place I have heard this strand of thinking. If you aren't aware, basically (as I understand it) it's a theory based on believing that whatever we truly deep down in our subconscious heart of hearts believe, is what we build in our lives. The Bible says, as a man thinks in his heart, so is he. Other people say it other ways, but I think the bottom line here is that our lives are at least to some extent governed by what we tell it to believe as truth. I was reading one of my massage magazines this month and an article by Rita Woods titled "Get Happy About Something" caught my eye. She says it this way. "Because how you feel dictates more than the mood you are in. It calls what comes to you." There it is again - the thought that what comes into my life was called there by my feelings or true beliefs. Interesting. Rita goes on to encourage us to evaluate this past year by asking questions and seeing where we would like to go from here into the next year. Questions such as, "What worked for me?", "When did I love?", "What made me happy?", What were my good (or bad) choices?", "What caused stress?" and several others. Just a thought as we approach the end of the year - try to tap into what your "self talk" may be saying and creating or calling into your life. Might be interesting what you find.

No comments:

Post a Comment