Sunday, December 27, 2009

Snow!



After sleeping in late this a.m., I've just been sitting around, eating a doughnut, enjoying some of my new capuccino from my stocking, and looking at this - lots of snow. For the past 22 years or so, I've lived in houses that were very close to major highways where the snow was removed very quickly. Now that I live in a subdivision in Pekin, I find that I have not even seen or heard a snow plow since the flakes began. Apparently, either Pekin doesn't clean its streets of snow, or my subdivision is like one millionth on the list??? I'm not sure which, but either way, my car sits so close to the ground, I'm sure the snow is deeper than my car. Hmmm. I have much I can do inside, so that's the kind of day it will be. The snow is so beautiful, one can hardly be aggravated about it. I know it's hard for traveling, but otherwise, I think it sometimes causes our oober (is that how you spell that word the kids are saying?) mobile society to stop in its tracks and take a minute to ponder, to rest, to relax. We need that once in awhile. So sit back, snuggle under a blanket, watch some football, read a book - whatever you do to just chill and enjoy the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment